Monday, June 2, 2014

Coffee does a morning good!

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was about 40 years old. I don't know why I waited to long but now I absolutely love it. My favorite brand is Gevalia but in a pinch I'll go for Folgers. My coffee has to be flavored or at least I have to have flavored creamer. I always use Equal to sweeten it. Give me a cup of coffee and some kind of pastry first thing in the morning and I am in heaven!

The image is a freebie from Saturated Canary. I colored it with Copics and cut it out with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4. I added a bit of Stampendous "Shabby white embossing enamel" and Tim Holtz Distress ink to highlight the image even more. The papers are from my stash and always around because I often make coffee themed cards and send them to my coffee-drinking friends and family. I used gold foil paper and an EK Success edge punch to had some contrast and interest. I roll the flowers from the Close To My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and also added one from Wild Orchids. The sentiment is from Create with TLC and was cut with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Pennant die. Finally I added the coffee pot charm.



Challenges entered
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Flowers & Charms
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking
Digi Sketch Challenge -  Sketch* and/or Theme: Use a Stamp
Creative Craft Cottage Digi Creations -  Digi / Use a Die cut
Die Cut Divas- Must use a die cut Use at least one Embellishment

Glitter Text Generator

9 comments:

  1. aww. a beautiful card ...love the colour combo .
    Thank you for playing along with us at CCC Digi Creations
    Hugs Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love that coffee themed paper and the coffee pot charm is the perfect addition. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card! thanks for Playing with the Die Cut Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the little coffee pot embellishment too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. So cute and that coffee pot charm is a great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add - glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! I love your layout and the added embossing enamel. Love the coffee pot too. Thanks for joining the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness!! =) I hate coffee but I absolutely love this card =) Thank you for joining in with us at Digi Sketch Challenge and good luck!
    Marylee DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable! Love the papers! They're perfect! I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my 30s and it has to be iced (even in the middle of Winter) and sweet!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete