Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sentimental Sundays#105 - Happy Birthday 2 U

Happy Sunday. It's time for another Sentimental Sundays challenge. This week's sponsor is Doodle Pantry.



 The challenge this week is "Show us your spots," with a bonus sketch challenge as well.


Be sure to stop by Sentimental Sundays to see what the rest of the DT has created.


This week I used an image from Tickled Pink Stamps. I love the Lil Pinkettes and this week chose Lil Birthday Pinkette Faith. I colored her with Copics because of the detail in the image. With the brush tip of the Copics, I was able to color in all of Faith's details. I used a Spellbinder Nestabilities circle and die to cut, emboss and stencil to additionally accentuate the image.

Keeping with the "Show us your spots" theme, I chose DP from my stash with a colorway that reminded me of summer. All papers are from Recollections from Michaels. I used foam dots to add dimension. The number "2" was also popped up with faux stitching added with a white Gelly Roll pen. The "U" is from a package of wooden embellishments from Hobby Lobby. I feel a card is almost never complete with out some kind of bling so of course I added swirl bling.

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

7 comments:

  1. this is so cute Martha! Love the cheerful colors! Have a great week! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I hope you don't mine I referred to you as Martha cause I know you are Rachelle but then thought what if she thinks I don't know? I just love your nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle, this is too cute!! Unbelievable coloring and such fun papers! Love your details too - the " 2 u" is fabulous as is the bling! Another awesome creation! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Rachelle - love the image and your coloring
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love that we have you with us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute image lol and great creation of a card. Thank you soooo much for your wonderful comment on mine. Hey gonna join your blog as a follower/member...
    That dotty embossing folder is a beauty and I must admit I too had to wipe the dust off..x

    ReplyDelete